9.7.16

5 THINGS TO DO IN THE HAGUE

https://la-piccola-me.blogspot.de/2016/07/5-things-to-do-in-hague.html

Dear piccola me,
I want to tell you about one of my favorite cities. I didn't even know about this city a few years ago but about three years ago mum and I decided to go on a mother-daughter-vacation together and we decided to go to The Hague for a weekend. I instantly fell in love with the city so that we went there for the third time this year.




It's not just the city, it's everything from the buildings to the people. Because of that I thought I would share 5 things with you that I always do or want to do in The Hague. So here are my five tips on what to do in The Hague.


1. Rent a bike
This probably doesn't sound like something special but if you are in The Hague and you don't mind riding a bike then you should defenitely do this. You can get everywhere by bike and you won't be the only one with a bike there. It seems like everyone there is going by bike, even those men in suits and women in high heels.

2. Visit the centre
The city centre of The Hague is really beautiful. We always start in the old part of the city but from there you can easily get to the new part. There are little cafés where you can sit outside and just take a look at the beautiful old buildings. We especially like a café just on the opposite site of The Sting. Sadly I don't remember the name but the have stuff like baguettes, paninis and smoothies and you can tell yourself that you are eating something healthy.
I actually searched on Google maps so if you want to know where the café is just click here

3. Go to the beach
Even if you don't follow the following tips but you have to go to the beach at least once. I really don't know what I should tell you about why you should go to the beach in Scheveningen but if there is a beach near you should always take the opportunity and go there.

4. Go to one of the many restaurants at the beach
To me the restaurants at the beach are really special. You can walk down the beach and there is on restaurant after the other. It's best though to go there for dinner because you can just sit down on one of the couches with a little open fire in the middle of the table and watch the sun go down. I won't lie to you and say that the food is cheap in those restaurants but if you don't want to pay that much you could just eat somewhere else and then go there and just drink a cup of tea or a hot chocolate.

5. Learn how to surf
This is the only thing I haven't done yet which is because we have only always been there for two or three days. There is a part at the beach though which is like the surfer beach. There is a surf school and if you look out on the ocean you can see hundreds of kites because of all those kite surfers. If you don't like surfing you could always just fly a kite at the beach without actually going in the water.

These are my 5 tips on what to do when you are visiting The Hague. I really hope you maybe visit this beautiful city once. Tell me in the comments if you have ever been to the Netherlands or maybe even The Hague I'd love to hear about that.

I will write you again really soon,

Norina xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I'll have to visit The Hague. I've heard a lot about it because we work with them at my job to some capacity, but I'd love to take a trip! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound awesome! If you have the chance you should definitely go there for a few days.
      Thank you so much for this comment.
      Norina xx

      Delete