.post-body img { max-width: 100%; max-height: auto; display: block; margin: auto; } -->

29.8.16

WHERE HAVE I BEEN? WHERE AM I GOING?


Dear piccola me,
I know that I haven't uploaded any new posts in a few days now and I'm sorry for that. But as most of the times there is a reason for my absence and as you can maybe guess by the title it has to do with what I'm going to do in the fututre. Well it's not that much in the future anymore and I already kind of teased it in some post. But now here I am telling you about what is going on in my life right now and what I will do.

It's not that long until another chapter of my life starts. I've finished school in summer and I always knew that I didn't want to go to university right after that. My plan has always been to take a break for one year and do something else than just learning for one exam after another. Since I love traveling I thought it would be great to spend a year abroad. There are so many possibilities on what you can do from au-pair to work and travel. So now I had to decide on what I would want to do!

After some research I found the homepage of a Waldorf organisation and got interested in their projects. They have projects all over the world and you can choose wether you would rather like to work in schools or kindergardens or in a camphill. You can apply for the projects you like and maybe you can get in on your dream project. The organisation Freunde der Erziehungskunst Rudolf Steiners ev. are a german organisation, as you can probably guess by the name, but they do also have incoming projects. So if you want to spend a year in Germany I really recommend for you to check them out.

As everyone else I applied for different projects but in the end I had to decide for one of them. And this one was the Waldorf Kindergarden in Villach, Austria. I had already talked to my contact person there via phone and she seemed really nice. I know that Austria isn't that far away and I don't have to speck another language when I'm there but I couldn't do that many projects that were further away because I am a little too young. That doesn't matter now though since I am really looking forward to working with all the children and take a look at the work in a kindergarden. Furthermore I will live in an apartment together with three other girls that also work in the kindergarden with me.

All of this might not explain where I have been though. So, if you want to go abroad you have to go to a seminar with many other volunteers for 10 days before you leave. I couldn't take my laptop with me and somehow the sim card of my phone was shut down. So that meant I didn't really have the chance to post anything. I also wanted to tell you that I don't know how it will go on. For sure I will keep you updated on what I'm doing in Austria and I will post as often as I can but we still have to work out the wifi situation in our apartment.

So this is mostly everything I can say right now. If you have any questions regarding my voluntary year abroad make sure to tell me in the comments or even send me a mail.
If you want to see everything I'm doing then please follow my Instagram where I will try to upload photos whenever I can.

I will talk to you really soon,

Norina xx

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy and don't forget about us! I am really curious about your new projects and adventures. Stay safe and have fun! Iga x http://igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks lovely! I'm pretty sure that I won't forget about you or my blog. At the moment I just have so much to do but I really want to share all my adventures with you and I'm glad you're excited for them, too.
      Norina xx

      Delete