.post-body img { max-width: 100%; max-height: auto; display: block; margin: auto; } -->

7.9.16

5 TIPS ON HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF



Dear piccola me,
as you already know I'm working at a kindergarden for one year. Because of that my co-workers and I had the chance to go to a conference about selflove today. The topic of the conference was selflove. So for about three hours we had to listen to a guy who should talk to us about what selflove is and how one can learn to love themselves. In the end he didn't really do that but nevertheless all of this inspired me to write this post about how I learned to love myself. Here I'm going to list the 5 most important things that helped me learn to love myself.

1. Nobody's perfect!
One of the most important things I had to get into my head to learn to love myself was that nobody is perfect. Of course we all have heard that sentence a billion times in our lives but we don't ever really take it to our hearts. It's right though, nobody can really say that he or she is perfect! You may want to be like somebody else you look up to but all those celebs are just people like us. They may have more money or everybody knows them but they still have problems and have to learn to love themselves as well. We are all just people! A song I always listened to to get this into my head was Giants by Ella Henderson. As she sing in that song "Even the best get it wrong sometimes". Just always keep that in your mind.


2. Friends
Friends (and family) are probably the most important thing for me in the process of learning to be satisfied with who I am.  It's important to have people around you that love you for who you are. For me personally it was so amazing to have people around me that always showed me how much they loved me and how they also respect my imperfections just as I respected theirs. All of this made me feel so much better about myself and I can't even explain how thankful I am to have such wonderful friends. Listen to what your friends say about you and don't just think they're lying to encourage you. I can tell you from experience that this won't make you happy and that real friends will always tell you the truth.

3. Yoga
Another thing that I found really helpful for myself was doing yoga. I only went to a yoga course for about half a year but I can honestly say that I loved it and I'd always start again if possible. If you take yoga seriously it can really help you to get more calm and stop thinking about everything too much. This is just one of the little things that were really good for me and my self-esteem but I think that it can be extremely helpful for some people to got to a course like that and just switch off your brain for one and a half hour.

4. Be yourself
This point is kind of included in all the others so far. I wanted to write  something about this on its own though because I think that always being yourself is one of the most important things ever. Without even realizing we try to be a different person and we sometimes change depending on the person we are talking to. I can just talk for myself here but it was really important to realize how I changed myself and how I was more shy in some situations or just didn't talk that much thinking people wouldn't like me anyway. That's bullshit! If some people don't like you it's okay but if you never show your true self than you can't find the people that really like you. So just try to be yourself and pay attention on how your behaviour changes.



5. Other people's stories
It can be really helpful to hear how other people learned to love themselves.  For me it was just so interesting to read other people's stories and see that they went through the same situations you went through or you are maybe going through right at that moment. This is also one of the reasons I wanted to write this post.  If you should ever have any questions on that topic I would love if I could help you in any way. I had my reasons on why I didn't love myself anymore for some time and I am just so much happier right now. Feel free to always mail me or tell me in the comments if you think I could maybe help you.

Shirt | Tom Tailor
similair one: ASOS
Jeans | H&M
(cut the holes myself)
Shoes | Vagabond (Kasai)
not available

This was everything for today's post. I really hope I could help some of you. Even if just one person takes to their heart what I wrote in this post it would make me extremely happy.

I will talk to you really soon,

Norina xx

4 comments:

  1. Amazing post dear! Love your tips on how to love yourself,specially the "be yourself" one :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this post. Very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing, doll! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankys, no problem I just hope that it may help some people.
      Norina xx

      Delete