20.3.17

HOW TO BE MORE POSITIVE


Hey everyone,
positivity is something that can be really hard to achieve sometimes. There are so many things that can stop us from staying positive. Negativity, overthinking and doubting stop us from being happy and living in the moment.
It's normal for most of us to criticize ourselves and not be confident with how we look or how we feel. We don't like our outfits until someone compliments them and we hate our body until someone says it's beautiful. We don't feel great in our own skin or we feel stupid if we fail a test. Us humans sometimes are really weird. In the past I know myself that I haven't always been the most positive person but over time I more and more learned to see things from a different perspective. Today I want to talk to you about how everyone can become more positive, you just gotta change the way you think sometimes.

 

1. Friends


Friends are extremely important when it comes to being positive. You gotta choose the right ones in order to be happy. There will always be people that dislike you but there will also be the ones that will always be there for you and tell you that you are amazing the way you are. It's so important to surround yourself with people who are also positive and don't pull you down with them. It may sometimes be hard to find them but if you do then you will be so much more happy. Also you can always remind yourself that you have those people who like you the way you are, so you are probably not as shitty as you sometimes think.

 

2. Stop comparing


One of the worst things anyone can do to themselves is comparing themselves to others. You will always be yourself and that's good. I know myself that it took really long for me to realize that that is true. I mean why be yourself when you can be like someone else who is much better? Because you can be just as good as them without trying to be them. If you take inspiration from others that is totally okay but that's something different. That is why people say you should be the best version of yourself. Of course we all change over the time but we should always try our best to be nice and the positivity inside us will come on its own.

 

3. Smile


As Audrey Hepburn said years ago 'A smile is the prettiest thing a girl can wear'. This quote is so true! There are always moments where we are sad or angry but we should try to make the best out of every situation and just smile. I've heard that if you stand in front of a mirror every morning for some time and smile at yourself the smile will remain on you face. I personally always found it weird to smile at myself but I find it just as effective to smile at other people. If you're on your way to work for example and someone looks at you, why not just smile at them. Trust me, most times people will smile back. For me that was something that always made my day a little better and just made me happy for a moment.






Let me know about your tips on staying positive and how to be the best version of yourself. How do you beat moments of negativity and overthinking? Also I would love if you'd tell me wether you like these kind of posts. It's definitely not one of my regular fashion post but I really enjoyed writing it.

I will talk to you really soon,

Norina xx

Stay updated via Bloglovin' Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment