.post-body img { max-width: 100%; max-height: auto; display: block; margin: auto; } -->

25.9.16

WHAT TO WATCH THIS FALL



Dear piccola me,
fall is on its way and the days are getting more and more cold. When it gets windy and rainy outside it's just the right time to stay inside, get a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket and binge watch some of your personal favourite tv series. I'm definitely a person that loves to do that every now and then and it doesn't help that my flatmates are kind of the same. (We should probably really go out more often.) Over the years I found some tv shows I really enjoyed as well as some I didn't really like. So here are a few of my favourite tv shows so far. I made sure that they are pretty different so that there is something for everyone.

1. SHAMELESS

I don't think many people actually know this show but it's one of my all time favourites. I got to know it because it's featuring my favourite actor Cameron Monaghan. This show is about a family living on the south side of Chicago. The father, Frank (William H. Macy), is kind of always drunk and the mother left the family a few years ago. Due to that the kids have to do everything on their own whether it's growing up or paying all the bills. The kids all have very different characters and I find it really interesting to say how realistic all the characters and their reactions are and how they develop through the six seasons that are out til now. Another benefit! The show isn't that new so you can watch six seasons of it before having to wait for the new season.
One thing I have to say though is that you must be comfortable with naked people because the characters get naked really often! So if you don't mind that and you want to watch something different to most of the other shows on tv right now then this might be something you want to check out.

2. SHANNARA CHRONICLES

This show is pretty different from Shameless and is based on a novel by Terry Brooks. It plays in the future and is a fantasy series. So if you are more interested in the life of elves, trolls and stuff like that then this show could be just right for you.
It is about Wil Ohmsford (Austin Butler), Amberle Elessedil (Poppy Drayton) and Eritrea (Ivana Baquero) who are are really different characters from different backgrounds. The world they live in is protected by this big old tree named the Ellcrys. At the beginning of the show some things change and the tree gets sick. The three teenagers have to save the tree and the world and it is really interesting to see how they work together due to their differences. To anyone who doesn't know about this show my explanation might sound pretty weird but it you watch it you'll get really into that and everything will make sense.
Until now they have only published one season with ten episodes (be prepared for a major cliffhanger at the end). I loved the combination of fantasy, science-fiction and action in the series and it's not to bad that the cast is pretty good-looking as well.

3. SCREAM QUEENS

A lot of you have probably already heard of this since it was pretty big last fall and the first episodes of the second season just aired. If you haven't heard about it until now then it's no problem because I'm here to tell you about it.
The show takes place at a university in America more specifically at the sorority Kappa Kappa Tau. On campus there is a killer in a red devil costume and what else can I tell you? It's basically a horror comedy tv series featuring many famous faces, such as Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Keke Palmer, Nick Jonas, Jamie Lee Curtis.... the list goes on and on. Throughout the series you get to know more and more about the red devil and it's really interesting to think about who he/she really is and what might be the background to all of this.
This show is more for the people who want to have a good laugh but also get pretty scared sometimes. I really like the mix of this and have to say that after some series I could sleep better than after others. So be prepared to get scared!

I really hope that you got some inspiration from this post on which tv show you could watch next. Be sure to tell me about your favourite shows in the comments since I'm always on the hunt for something good to watch.

I will talk to you really soon,

Norina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment